Friday, September 28, 2007

David Brouch rides in memory of Cathy Kroe

Greetings from the bike ride! It's finally here. I've trained hard all summer, you've all made very generous contributions and together we surpassed the fundraising goal. Now it's time to share with you the actual events/happenings along the way as I and nearly 100 other riders pedal over 200 miles from Chocolate World in Hershey, PA to the Hershey store in Times Square, NYC.

I would like to thank the Young Survival Coalition for organizing this awesome event, but more importantly for helping educate newly diagnosed young women, the medical and political communities as well as offer support to those who have survived and are thriving.

I would also like to thank the Hershey Company for sponsoring this fundraising bike ride. Hershey donated $300,000 to the cause, which makes me incredibly proud.

Additionally, I'd like to thank all of you who donated. I realize you all have many financial demands in your lives and yet you made a decision to donate your hard earned money to this worthy cause. Just as important were the uplifting comments many of you placed on my fundraising website or sent to me in an e-mail. The responses have been overwhelming and have often brought tears to my eyes. You are all terrific!!!

Finally, I'd like to thank my wife, Gretchen for her patience and moral support. While we tried to make my training have as little impact on our family as possible, there were times she probably wished I could just be done with the ride. I would also like to thank my mother who played a very big part in helping with the fundraising as well as providing ongoing inspiration and encouragement. She will be flying to NYC to cheer me and the other riders on as we enter Times Square on Monday.

Be sure to check out the blog daily to see what happened the day before on the ride. Also, be sure to watch us on Fox and Friends on Monday morning. I'll keep you posted on the actual time of our appearance.

God's blessings to you all!

No comments: